Art and Craft
As well as working with schools, The
Education People and Children's University staff are committed to
supporting children, young people and their families with home
learning and enrichment opportunities.
We appreciate that this is an
uncertain time for families but we hope that these home learning
resources help you enjoy your time with your children, even in
times of social distancing, self-isolation and possible
lockdown. Making happy memories, whilst learning during this
time, will be very important to all.
These links have been given to us by
a variety of partners including The Education People Advisors,
Children's University Managers, Learning Destinations, libraries
and partners such as Arts Award.
This section of our website will be
updated each day so do come back every now and then to see what's
new. Do click on the subject links on the left tab for
more specific resources available to schools and families.
10 minute crafts (suitable for all
ages and abilities)
- Check out all of these fast and easy,
10-minute crafts for
kids. These are great to use as an instant activity
if kids are bored, as a temporary distraction, or as a
craft project for
kids with short attention spans.
Art Projects for schools (but suitable
- Click on each image to download a PDF version
of the resource. Available to all, they hope you find the
collection of curriculum-based resources useful and
Arts Award - How to deliver Arts Award
- This Trinity blog provides some excellent tips for how you can
deliver Arts Award remotely.
- The Big Draw is a festival every autumn but there is loads of
inspiring material here.
Big Ideas at home
- Big Ideas delivers a wide range of projects, primarily in the
sectors of culture, heritage and sports. Current projects
- Foundations at Home
- No Barriers at Home
- The Great Exhibition at Home
- Cardboard Capers is a weekly family craft challenge set by
Animate Arts Company CIC. It is free to take part in and uses
families' imaginations and materials destined for the recycling
bin. The Challenges launch every Friday morning at 9am on
- Art and craft activities for primary-aged children.
Climate Museum UK
- This campaign encourages people to take #TimetoMend and to share their creative
acts of upcycling and mending.
- Colouring sheets designed to thank our Key Workers during this
- Creativebug offers online video arts and crafts workshops and
- Looking for some inspiration to make home-schooling a bit
more creative, or a project to work on with the kids whilst at
home? These free creative learning resources were developed from
work with local schools and use the Folkestone Artworks exhibition as
- They invite younger generations (suggested ages of between
4-18) to pick up any 'mark-making' tools you may possess
around the home; from raw, synthetic art materials, digital
graphics, even textiles, and use them to create something
that conveys your feelings, captures your emotions, brings you
joy, communicates positivity, unites us, extends peace and
increases hope to everyone in the world right now!
Culture Street (Key Stage 2 and
- Culture Street has instructions for things like animation,
films about museums and galleries, interviews with artists.
- The Create to Connect Challenge: Sign up for two weeks of
daily creative challenges, starting on the 23rd March.
Draw tips from Nick Sharratt
- Nick Sharratt is a British illustrator and author of children's
books, whose work is split between illustrating for writers, most
notably Jacqueline Wilson and Jeremy Strong, but also Giles
Andreae, Julia Donaldson and Michael Rosen.
- Rob says "When the coronavirus pandemic quarantine period
began in Spring/Summer 2020, I realised that lots of people were
going to find themselves at home with their children for several
weeks/months looking for things to do. So I decided to post a
draw-along video every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am GMT that
parents could watch with their kids and, hopefully, make some nice
pictures. Here they all are. Feel free to watch and share them with
anybody and everybody. I'd love to see the results, so please send
me your pictures on social media using the hashtag #DrawWithRob. I
Instagram and robbiddulphauthor
on Facebook. Oh, and hereis my
YouTube channel too."
The Entertainer's Boredom Busting Activity
- Welcome to The Entertainer's Boredom Busting Activity Hub! They
have uploaded lots of content to keep children entertained whilst
at home. Check back regularly for updates and new activity sheets!
Please feel free to download and share! They have also created
a NEW Facebook group where they will share
more ideas, and ask that you share your own boredom busting ideas
Home Learning Packs from
- At such a difficult and uncertain time, Stonewall knows that
education staff, parents and carers are facing unprecedented
challenges. However, it's at times like these that we can come
together to help each other. That's why Stonewall has launched a
series of home learning packs. Whether you're a teacher sending
work home for your students, or a parent or carer looking for some
activities for your child, these packs are for you. There's a
primary, secondary and SEND version of each pack, complete with
suggested activities and supporting materials to support your
- Creativity learning pack: The
creativity packs include a range of activities with curriculum
links to art, computing, DT, English, music,
PE and PSHE.
- Different families learning
pack: The Different families packs include a range
of art, English and computing activities for Primary, Secondary and
- English activities learning
pack: The English packs include a range of
activities with curriculum links to art, history, geography, music
- Frida Kahlo learning pack: The Frida
Kahlo packs include a range of art, English and computing
activities for Primary, Secondary and SEND pupils.
- LGBT history learning pack: The
LGBT history packs include a range of art, DT, English, history,
music, science, PSHE, PE and computing activities.
How to draw a Minion!
- Children can have minion-tastic fun joining Chris Meledandri
(Co-Founder and CEO of Illumination) and Brad Ableson (Co-Director
of Minions: The Rise of Gru) as they show us how to draw a
Minion. Share creations online by using the hashtags
#creativity&confidence and #myminion.
The Imagination Tree
- Creative art and craft activities for the very youngest
Jumpstart Art (suitable for all
ages and abilities)
- Downloadable art worksheets for all to enjoy.
- With with many children home-bound for the foreseeable
future we are pleased to have available a number of
free-to-download, printable resources and activities to keep them
entertained, including colouring sheets, cutting guides and class
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems (suitable for
- Mo Willems-a bestselling author and illustrator-has announced
that he will be teaching drawing every weekday on YouTube to kids
who are now at home. Mo will be having sessions
called Lunch Doodles where he will occupy the
little ones by doodling together with them.
Make your own at home art
- Here are some exciting activities you can do from home such as
making your own playdough.
- Get started with Minecraft: Education Edition using these
starter kits, each with lessons, downloadable worlds, and tutorials
in core school subjects.
Pebble painting ideas
- There are plenty of beautiful ideas here. We suggest you
keep hold of the decorated pebbles until we are free to explore the
outdoor environment more freely.
- Fun, easy and "do-able" crafts for kids and grown ups. Using
every day materials, making DIY a great activity to do
- Art Rebels is a new online workshop series designed to engage
young creatives at home. Each week we will be uploading a new video
from one of our sponsored artists who will show you how.