Virtual tours e.g. museums, galleries and workplaces
As well as working with schools, The
Education People and Children's University staff are committed to
supporting children, young people and their families with home
learning and enrichment opportunities.
We appreciate that this is an
uncertain time for families but we hope that these home learning
resources help you enjoy your time with your children, even in
times of social distancing, self-isolation and possible
lockdown. Making happy memories, whilst learning during this
time, will be very important to all.
These links have been given to us by
a variety of partners including The Education People Advisors,
Children's University Managers, Learning Destinations, libraries
and partners such as the Museum and Galleries learning
This section of our website will be
updated each day so do come back every now and then to see what's
new. Do click on the subject links on the left tab for
more specific resources available to schools and families.
have been supplied to us by colleagues Arts Award and the Learning
in Museums and Galleries Facebook group
12 vitual tours for musuems and galleries
around the world
- Experience the best museums from London to Seoul in the
comfort of your own home.
Age of Revolution - Making the world
- The Age of Revolution resource brings together objects and
artworks from museums and galleries across the UK, together with
fascinating facts, information and curriculum-linked ideas to help
bring this extraordinary period to life. Organised across four
revolutionary themes, it provides fascinating routes to the past
for learners of all ages and connects it with their own lives.
Art gallery Tours
- 34 incredible museum and gallery tours you can take from the
comfort of your own home.
Edinburgh Zoo live webcams
- Watch the animal antics live from Edinburgh Zoo with our
range of webcams!
- Europeana provides access to millions of books, music,
artworks and more - with sophisticated search and filter tools to
help you find what you're looking for.
Family Days Out
- Free virtual tours of world museums, educational sites and
galleries for children.
Google Earth tours
- For ages, Google Earth has remained people's go-to service for
browsing our globe. All from the comfort of their home and couches.
Google Earth was completely overhauled in 2017. And that introduced
more virtual tours to the world's most exotic places and cultures.
This gives you a chance to learn more about them.
History Needs You
- HistoryNeedsYou are a history and heritage consultancy
working with museums, heritage organisations, schools, colleges and
universities. We'll enable you to make history and heritage
accessible, fun, engaging and inclusive.
Take a virtual tour around these businesses to get an
idea of what it's like to work there!
The 360 degree tours were produced for key businesses in the
Ipswich area and funded through the Ipswich Opportunity
Area project. Now kindly released for general viewing,
the tours are a great way to explore these
employers using photography, sound and video.
- Invisible Cities is a social enterprise that trains people who
have experienced homelessness to become walking tour guides of
their own city.
- Seek adventure and discovery with our new Invisible Cities
downloadable resources. Everyone can enjoy them, discover their
city like never before and hear about the work we do! You can
print these activity packs at home for children to enjoy and
- Virtual Tours of Manchester and Edinburgh can be
Live webcams including wildlife & Northern
- Explore's growing library consists of more than 250 original
films and 30,000 photographs from around the world. They showcase
our work at film festivals, on over 100 public broadcast and cable
channels, and on numerous online destinations including
explore.org, Snag Films, Hulu and TakePart.
Lonely Planet Kids
- Short videos include a London trail, animals of the Amazon
rainforest, how skyscrapers work.
MCN: Advancing digital transformation in
- The ultimate guide to virtual museum resources, E-Learning, and
- Free learning resources from arts, cultural and heritage
- Stuck at home? View cultural heritage collections
- Games, collections, videos, stories, homework help
and family days out from museums and galleries.
Family-friendly resources, games and homework help.
Teaching History with 100 objects
- One hundred objects from museums across the UK with resources,
information and teaching ideas to inspire your students' interest
- V21 Artspace use a mixture of innovative laser
scanning technology and multimedia including video, 360 video,
audio, photography, 360 photography and photogrammetry to capture
realtime arts, culture, museums and heritage, exhibitions,
galleries, spaces and objects to produce interactive 3D virtual
exhibition tours, virtual gallery tours, virtual museum tours and
virtual cultural space tours.
The closest thing to being there.
Virtual London Museum Tours
- In a bid to slow the spread of coronavirus, many of London's
cultural institutions are closing their doors to the public for the
time being. But that doesn't mean you have to become a total
philistine - thanks to an incredible range of virtual tours, you
can visit some of the capital's best-loved museums, galleries and
historic buildings without getting up from your sofa... and it
won't cost you a penny.