Arts and Culture
As well as working with schools, The
Education People and Children's University staff are committed to
supporting children, young people and their families with home
learning and enrichment opportunities.
We appreciate that this is an
uncertain time for families but we hope that these home learning
resources help you enjoy your time with your children, even in
times of social distancing, self-isolation and possible
lockdown. Making happy memories, whilst learning during this
time, will be very important to all.
These links have been given to us by
a variety of partners including The Education People Advisors,
Children's University Managers, Learning Destinations, libraries
and partners such as Arts Award.
This section of our website will be
updated each day so do come back every now and then to see what's
new. Do click on the subject links on the left tab for
more specific resources available to schools and families.
Why is creativity and culture
Don't forget to look at the English and
Literacy section for more ideas!
Don't forget to look at the Music and Performing
Arts section too!
Animate in Lockdown
- Canterbury Anifest has launched a special competition for
lockdown. Anyone can take part by submitting an animation between
10 seconds and 5 minutes in length. Submit your videos
Arts Award Discovery: Arts and Culture
pack (a Children's University Learning
- Arts Award Discover is a foundation to introduce children to
the worlds of arts and culture and a springboard to other levels of
Arts Award, which are qualifications.
Arts Award - How to deliver Arts Award
- This Trinity blog provides some excellent tips for how you can
deliver Arts Award remotely.
10 best Broadway shows you can stream for free
online whilst self-isolating
- BroadwayHD is a theater-streaming service allowing people
to watch performances from Broadway and the West End from the
comfort of their own homes. It's currently offering a
seven-day free trial, perfect for people self-isolating amid
the coronavirus pandemic.
Bigfoot - Creative Arts Activity
- Bigfoot is the UKs biggest arts education company. We provide
opportunities for young people, like you, to learn more about the
creative arts by participating in drama, dance, music or visual
arts workshops, and by working directly with professional actors,
dancers, musicians and artists.
Big Ideas at home
- Big Ideas delivers a wide range of projects, primarily in
the sectors of culture, heritage and sports. Current projects
- Foundations at Home
- No Barriers at Home
- The Great Exhibition at Home
- CU Activity Pack
- Cineclub, The Young Filmmakers Network, train professional
lmmakers and teachers to set up and run lmmaking workshops for
young people. We aim to create a vibrant and thriving network of
young lmmakers who create, watch and share lms with each other. By
providing CPD to teachers, TAs and youth workers we are ensuring
that lmmaking and lm watching become sustainable activities for our
Creativity and confidence in the
- This series of videos gives children ideas for learning
opportunities at home based on suggestions from celebrities and
well-known people in their fields, such as authors, chefs,
astronauts, composers and actors.
- FreeSchool is a safe and friendly place to expose children to
famous art, classical music, children's literature, and natural
science in an age-appropriate and kid-accessible way.
Home Learning Packs from
- At such a difficult and uncertain time, Stonewall knows that
education staff, parents and carers are facing unprecedented
challenges. However, it's at times like these that we can come
together to help each other. That's why Stonewall has launched a
series of home learning packs. Whether you're a teacher sending
work home for your students, or a parent or carer looking for some
activities for your child, these packs are for you. There's a
primary, secondary and SEND version of each pack, complete with
suggested activities and supporting materials to support your
- Creativity learning pack: The
creativity packs include a range of activities with curriculum
links to art, computing, DT, English, music,
PE and PSHE.
- Different families learning
pack: The Different families packs include a range
of art, English and computing activities for Primary, Secondary and
- English activities learning
pack: The English packs include a range of
activities with curriculum links to art, history, geography, music
- Frida Kahlo learning pack: The Frida
Kahlo packs include a range of art, English and computing
activities for Primary, Secondary and SEND pupils.
- LGBT history learning pack: The
LGBT history packs include a range of art, DT, English, history,
music, science, PSHE, PE and computing activities.
Ideas Test home creativity
- Ideas Test is showcasing special events and activities via
their Social Media channels. Examples include Cirque du
Soleil's Zed, interviews with artists and activity ideas for the
Into Film - family-friendly films with
- With cinemas closed and many children at home, chilldren and
young people may be in need of some quality films to watch. Into
Film will be regularly recommending their top picks across a
variety of genres and categories. All of their choices are
available to stream within the UK, come with recommended viewing
ages and talking points, and many have additional educational
Into Film home learning
- These activities provide simple and useful activities that
young people can complete independently, and offer the ability to
transform any film or television viewing into an educational
- Get started with Minecraft: Education Edition using these
starter kits, each with lessons, downloadable worlds, and tutorials
in core school subjects.
National Theatre at Home
- Enjoy world-class theatre whilst we're closed. Join
us every Thursday for much-loved National Theatre Live productions,
free to stream on YouTube for seven days.
The Royal Opera House's opera and ballet live
- As part of The Royal Opera House's #OurHouseToYourHouse initiative, a
major opera or ballet will be streamed every Friday at
Royal Shakespeare Company - Culture in
- As part of the BBC's plans to keep bringing arts to audiences
during the Coronavirus pandemic, you will be able to watch six of
our shows from the comfort of your own home over the next few
weeks. All six are now on iPlayer and will be broadcast on
BBC 4 - dates to be announced.
- Art Rebels is a new online workshop series designed to engage
young creatives at home. Each week we will be uploading a new video
from one of our sponsored artists who will show you how.
What's On Stage
- Stage shows, musicals and opera you can watch online now for